Kongcrete® is a hydrophobic (insensitive to water) two-part composite backfill that expands to fill the peripheral void between a fence or sign post and the hole. Kongcrete® expands immediately after mixing and reaches 50% of full strength in approximately 3 minutes. The product completely sets in approximately 2 hours.
Kongcrete® can be used to install many different types of posts such as fence and sign posts, road and construction signs, as well as street lighting and telegraph poles.
- EVERYTHING required for post installation is in the Kongcrete® kit.
- No water required.
- No more handling heavy bags of cement from hole to hole: due to its expanding nature, a 0.9kg kit of Kongcrete® is equivalent to approximately 30kg of cement.
- Kongcrete® significantly reduces labour requirements as no additional backfilling is required.
- High strength expanding composite: Kongcrete® compressive strength is much higher than tamped soil.
- Adheres to wood, vinyl and metals posts better than concrete.
- Because it is poured in liquid format into the hole, Kongcrete® penetrates the soil better than concrete, providing a superior anchoring for the post.
- Due to its hydrophobic (insensitive to water) nature, the composite bond to a wood post reduces the risk of rotting at its most vulnerable location, 30 cm (1 ft) below the surface, by providing a barrier between the wood and the water/soil.
- Sets posts in as little as 3 minutes: eliminates the time spent forming, pouring and curing concrete.
- “Rain friendly”: because of its fast setting nature, Kongcrete® is rain proof in a few minutes contrary to concrete.